Panthers hire NY Giants pro personnel analyst Gettleman as new GM
He had previously served as the New York Giants’ senior pro personnel analyst this past season and was their director of pro personnel for 13 years prior to that.
“I was very impressed with Dave’s experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization,” Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said in a statement released by the team.
“He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success.”
The hiring of Gettleman ends Carolina’s search to replace longtime GM Marty Hurney, who was fired six games into the season.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child