Panthers hire NY Giants pro personnel analyst Gettleman as new GM
He had previously served as the New York Giants’ senior pro personnel analyst this past season and was their director of pro personnel for 13 years prior to that.
“I was very impressed with Dave’s experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization,” Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said in a statement released by the team.
“He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success.”
The hiring of Gettleman ends Carolina’s search to replace longtime GM Marty Hurney, who was fired six games into the season.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK