Mount Airy teen to be accused in fatal wreck that killed her 9-year-old brother
MT. AIRY, N.C. — Mt. Airy Police will issue juvenile petitions charging a 15-year-old driver involved in a police chase and car accident that killed her younger brother in December.
The Mt. Airy News reports that the petitions will involve misdemeanor offenses of vehicular homicide and speeding to elude arrest.
The petitions come at the conclusion of the investigation of the accident that occurred on December 15 on Carter Street in Mount Airy.
A 15-year-old Pilot Mountain girl stole her family’s car and was speeding on U.S. 52, when a police officer tried to pull her over.
She sped out of control, killing her younger brother, the passenger.
The female driver suffered only minor injuries.
The petition does not necessarily mean the case will be taken to court.
Read more: Mount Airy News
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting