Labradoodle mistaken for lion, police called
NORFOLK, Va. – A Labradoodle mistaken for a lion prompted a 911 call in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Virginian-Pilot reports a 911 caller reported a baby lion was walking down Colley Avenue in Ghent, Va., possibly looking for food.
Police then contacted the Virginia Zoo around 10:15 a.m. to make sure all the lions were accounted for.
Mramba, the male lion, and Zola, the female, were in their habitats.
Charles the Monarch is no lion. He’s just a Labradoodle that enjoys a nice stroll.
People living in the area know Charles well. After all, he’s shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University.
Be sure to check out Charles the Monarch on Facebook.
Faces of Meth
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home