Cheap iPhone rumor resurfaces, 2013 launch
It’s a rumor that seems to surface every few months: Apple could release a “cheap” iPhone.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting Apple could launch an iPhone that will cost less and could arrive by the end of 2013.
The report suggests the phone will look like the iPhone but will have cheaper parts, including a plastic shell instead of aluminum.
“One possibility under consideration is lowering the cost of the device by using a different shell made of polycarbonate plastic; in contrast, the iPhone 5 currently has an aluminum housing.”
The Wall Street Journal called the possible “cheap” iPhone “a big shift in corporate strategy as its supremacy in smartphones has slipped.”
Read more: The Wall Street Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave