Guilford County School Board says no to airport area high school
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guilford County School Board members decided during a Tuesday School Board meeting, that they will no longer purchase property for a new high school near the Piedmont-Triad Airport.
About $75 million in bond money for that project is now going unused.
Many believe that money should be used to renovate High Point Central High School.
Several High Point Central supporters were in attendance at the school board meeting on Tuesday evening, expressing the need to improve the high school’s media center, cafeteria and lack of classroom space.
Many were disappointed High Point Central did not receive money for improvements last October when the school system spent leftover bond money.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview