Guilford County School Board says no to airport area high school
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guilford County School Board members decided during a Tuesday School Board meeting, that they will no longer purchase property for a new high school near the Piedmont-Triad Airport.
About $75 million in bond money for that project is now going unused.
Many believe that money should be used to renovate High Point Central High School.
Several High Point Central supporters were in attendance at the school board meeting on Tuesday evening, expressing the need to improve the high school’s media center, cafeteria and lack of classroom space.
Many were disappointed High Point Central did not receive money for improvements last October when the school system spent leftover bond money.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave