Cold stunned turtles being treated along coast
Credit: Thinkstock images
Officials are working to help 10 sea turtles stunned by the cold weather along the coast, the Jacksonville Daily News reported.
The juvenile green turtles were found late last week on the beach south of the Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
Two volunteers at the Cape Lookout National Seashore found the turtles Saturday. Rangers took the turtles to their office on Harkers Island.
Read more: Jacksonville Daily News
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k