Cold stunned turtles being treated along coast
Credit: Thinkstock images
Officials are working to help 10 sea turtles stunned by the cold weather along the coast, the Jacksonville Daily News reported.
The juvenile green turtles were found late last week on the beach south of the Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
Two volunteers at the Cape Lookout National Seashore found the turtles Saturday. Rangers took the turtles to their office on Harkers Island.
Read more: Jacksonville Daily News
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'