Clinton given helmet as a joke
(CNN) – Hillary Clinton was given a helmet went she went back to work as secretary of state on Monday.
First off, we got the official State Department photo of her hosting the weekly meeting of assistant secretaries of state. All very appropriate.
But then came word from spokeswoman Victoria Nuland that there had been some teasing too.
Deputy Secretary of State Thomas Nides handed Clinton a box, saying, “As you know, Washington is a contact sport.”
“Inside was a football helmet with a State Department seal, lots of good padding and also a football jersey that said Clinton on the back and on the front it says #112 which symbolizes the number of countries she visited as secretary of state,” Nuland said.
Read more: CNN
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k