Alamance County company needs 200 workers
ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — Strata Solar is building large solar farms all across North Carolina.
Their next project includes a 43 acre, 7 mega watt solar farm near the Alamance, Orange County line.
However, to begin the project and another project in Chatham County, Strata Solar needs to hire 200 people.
This is proving to be a tough task for Human Resource Development Director Vincent Taylor.
“My problem has been finding people that are willing to step out of the box. Solar is a new technology and in general people are afraid and intimidated.”
Strata Solar would like to hire people with some construction background, but the company is willing to provide on the job training for its solar installer, electrical helper and equipment operator positions.
Strata Solar will hold a job fair on Tuesday, January 15 from 9am to 3pm at the Employment Security Commission in Burlington.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault