Mast General Store to open in downtown Winston-Salem in 2015
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Mast General Store will open its 10th store in downtown Winston-Salem spring 2015, Mast General Store President Fred Martin confirmed on Monday.
Martin said the new store will be 15,000 to 18,000 square feet of retail space, slightly larger than the Boone location.
The company purchased the Coe Plaza building on Trade Street on Friday. The company will invest $10 million to renovate the building.
Martin says they will hire roughly 30 employees, mostly full time.
There is a separate developer developing the top floors of the building into 45 apartments.
Martin said he thinks downtown Winston-Salem has “some special things going on.” He says it’s a great fit and the chain is excited and already receiving calls from excited customers in this area.
Back in September, city leaders approved a $1.2 million incentive package to pave the way for the retail and tourist attraction.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.