Rare Beatles color photos to be sold at auction
Photo: Dr Robert Beck/Omega Auctions/PA
Unpublished color photographs of The Beatles during their first tour of the US are to be auctioned, the BBC reports.
The 65 slides include several stage shots, including George Harrison with his red Rickenbacker guitar, according to the report.
The photos were taken by award-winning physicist Dr Robert “Bob” Beck.
Beck was a researcher and inventor who died in 2002, leaving a huge archive of photographs and slides in his home in Hollywood.
Omega Auctions said Sunday the images will be sold March 22 — exactly 50 years after the Beatles released their first album.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave