Parents killed in NC home, 3-year-old unharmed
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. — Officials say that a 3-year-old boy was inside a home when his mother and father were shot to death early Saturday morning in Garner.
WTVD reported that the shooting took place around 12:30 a.m. in the 700 block of Colonial Drive. Authorities said the child was not harmed.
Officials identified the victims as Jose Samuel Flores Mendoza and Maria Saravia Mendoza, both 34.
The two have two children together, ages 3 and 12. Both children are reportedly in the care of family members.
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
Read more: WTVD.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave