NC fisherman gets tangled in net and killed
OAK ISLAND, N.C. — Officials say a commercial fisherman died after his clothing got caught in a fishing reel and he was slammed to the ground.
Authorities said 34-year-old Jeremy Myers’ uncle found the body Saturday on a boat off Oak Island. He said he tried calling his nephew’s cell phone but did not get an answer.
The Associated Press reported that Myers’ body was wrapped in the netting, with his head pinned against the box where fish are stored.
Officials said an autopsy has been ordered, but they believe the incident was accidental. Investigators said they believe Myers was on the boat by himself when he was killed.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave