NC fisherman gets tangled in net and killed
OAK ISLAND, N.C. — Officials say a commercial fisherman died after his clothing got caught in a fishing reel and he was slammed to the ground.
Authorities said 34-year-old Jeremy Myers’ uncle found the body Saturday on a boat off Oak Island. He said he tried calling his nephew’s cell phone but did not get an answer.
The Associated Press reported that Myers’ body was wrapped in the netting, with his head pinned against the box where fish are stored.
Officials said an autopsy has been ordered, but they believe the incident was accidental. Investigators said they believe Myers was on the boat by himself when he was killed.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview