Man killed in Asheville’s first homicide of 2013
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – Officials say a man was killed after an argument in a public housing complex Saturday afternoon in Asheville.
The Associated Press reported that 35-year-old Fabian Ruffin died shortly after being shot around 2:30 p.m. It was Asheville’s first homicide of 2013.
Witnesses told police they heard three gunshots. Ruffin was reportedly hit at least once in the head.
The investigation is ongoing. Investigators said they are hoping to identify a suspect. A motive was not released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave