Big Bang Theory breaks ratings record
Big Bang Theory continues to break records.
The hit sitcom returned on Thursday following a three-week hiatus. The show attracted 19 million viewers, breaking yet another record this season.
The show’s previous ratings record came on November 15 with 17.6 million, and a week before that with 16.7 million.
The show’s past six new episodes have been the highest-rated episodes of all-time.
Big Bang also matched its series high in the adults 18-49 demo with a 6.1 rating. The rating beats the 6.0 set on Feb. 8, 2010.
Most other shows were in repeats on Thursday night, which undoubtedly helped the sitcom.
The show is often compared to Friends, which hit around 20 million viewers around the end of its long run on NBC.
Read more: Entertainment Weekly
Faces of Meth
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview