Police: Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police say a pedestrian crossing the road was killed after being struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon in Thomasville.
Police said they found 50-year-old Gussie E. Pearson lying unresponsive in the area of 206 National Highway around 5:51 p.m.
Authorities said the vehicle that struck Pearson continued driving after the wreck. Officials said 21-year-old Ronald W. Warren later returned to the scene and admitted responsibility.
Police said Pearson was taken to Thomasville Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Officers said they are still investigating and will consult the Davidson County District Attorney for further assistance. No other details were immediately available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault