No. 1 UConn shocked by Notre Dame 73-72
STORRS, Conn. – No. 1 UConn was shocked on Saturday by Notre Dame, losing 73-72 in the Big East Conference opener.
Kayla McBride scored 21 points and Skylar Diggins added 19 to help No. 5 Notre Dame upset top-ranked Connecticut.
UConn’s Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis missed a 3-pointer from the corner and the Irish grabbed the ensuing rebound and ran out the clock.
The Irish have won five of the past six meetings, including two in the Final Four the past two seasons.
Read more: ctnow.com
Faces of Meth
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old