No. 1 UConn shocked by Notre Dame 73-72
STORRS, Conn. – No. 1 UConn was shocked on Saturday by Notre Dame, losing 73-72 in the Big East Conference opener.
Kayla McBride scored 21 points and Skylar Diggins added 19 to help No. 5 Notre Dame upset top-ranked Connecticut.
UConn’s Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis missed a 3-pointer from the corner and the Irish grabbed the ensuing rebound and ran out the clock.
The Irish have won five of the past six meetings, including two in the Final Four the past two seasons.
Read more: ctnow.com
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave