Rover finds ‘flower’ on Mars surface [Photo]
New photos of Mars from NASA’s Curiosity rover certainly have people curious.
The photos show an odd formation some have called a “flower” embedded in Martian rock, according to Space.com.
The rover also found a “snake-like” rock formation winding across the planet’s surface.
The photo was snapped on Dec. 19.
Curiosity has seen bits of clear plastic (pieces of the rover itself) on the surface of Mars before, but NASA officials said that doesn’t appear to be the case this time.
Read more: Space.com
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave