Man injured, driver charged with DWI after crash in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A man was seriously injured and the driver was charged with DWI after a crash early Saturday morning in Greensboro.
Around 2:45 a.m., officers responded to Jefferson Road at Hobbs Road in reference to a crash.
Officers discovered a 1991 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Eric Kang Jackson, 25, had been traveling north on Jefferson Road when the vehicle left the road to the left and struck a telephone pole, pinning the passenger, 25-year-old Eric Helke, inside the vehicle.
The Greensboro Fire Department responded and extracted Helke from the vehicle. He suffered several serious but non-life threatening injuries.
He was transported by Guilford County EMS to the hospital for treatment.
Jackson was not injured in this crash and was charged with driving while impaired.
No other information was provided.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting