Man accused of breaking into Archdale churches arrested
Jerry Wayne Wimbley, 31, of Archdale.
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Officials said a man accused of breaking into churches in Archdale and taking items was arrested Friday afternoon.
Jerry Wayne Wimbley, 31, of Archdale, faces several charges involving crimes reported at Cloverdale Church of The Living God and Archdale United Methodist Church.
Authorities said warrants were obtained for 13 charges including breaking and entering a place of worship, breaking and entering, attempted breaking and entering, larceny and possession of stolen goods.
He has also been charged with stealing a van from Archdale United Methodist Church. Officials say the vehicle has since been recovered.
Authorities did not say when the alleged crimes took place.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k