Former Panthers QB Jeff Lewis dies at 39
Jeff Lewis (NAU)
Northern Arizona University announced assistant football coach and former Panthers quarterback Jeff Lewis has died.
Lewis was 39.
“Today is a very sad day for the Lumberjack football family,” said head coach Jerome Souers in a statement to ABC 15.
Lewis played for the Carolina Panthers from 1999-2000.
Lewis was a quarterback for Northern Arizona University from 1991-1995, and he also was inducted into the NAU Hall of Fame in 2003. Lewis also played in the NFL for the Broncos and Saints.
He was part of two Super Bowl teams during his career in the NFL.
Source: ABC 15
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault