Convicted former governor gets TV show
NEW ORLEANS — Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards will star in a new TV show on A&E with the woman he married after he was released from prison on a corruption conviction.
Trina Scott Edwards told The Associated Press on Friday she’s currently filming for “The Governor’s Wife,” which will showcase the 34-year-old wife of the octogenarian former governor.
According to A&E, the series will follow Trina Edwards as she tries to fit into the former governor’s upscale world.
Episodes will include school projects and Trina making a run for president of the local homeowner’s association. She also discusses the possible addition of a baby to the Edwards clan and skeptics who think she’s a gold digger, according to the news release.
Read more: Yahoo
Faces of Meth
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview