Convicted former governor gets TV show
NEW ORLEANS — Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards will star in a new TV show on A&E with the woman he married after he was released from prison on a corruption conviction.
Trina Scott Edwards told The Associated Press on Friday she’s currently filming for “The Governor’s Wife,” which will showcase the 34-year-old wife of the octogenarian former governor.
According to A&E, the series will follow Trina Edwards as she tries to fit into the former governor’s upscale world.
Episodes will include school projects and Trina making a run for president of the local homeowner’s association. She also discusses the possible addition of a baby to the Edwards clan and skeptics who think she’s a gold digger, according to the news release.
Read more: Yahoo
Faces of Meth
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK