Women beat politician accused of rape (Video)
Political officials in India’s Assam state have suspended a politician after he was accused of rape and beaten by crowds in a village, according to the BBC.
On Thursday, Bikram Singh Brahma was detained after the victim’s husband reported the alleged rape.
Video posted to YouTube showed the politician being stripped of his shirt and slapped by several women.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told the BBC his action was “condemnable” and he should be punished.
Pressure has grown for tougher action on people accused of rape after a woman was attacked in Delhi in December. She later died. Five men were arrested in connection with that incident.
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants