Police officer accused of breaking schoolgirl’s arm [Video]
AKRON, O.H. (WJW)— An on-duty police officer in Akron, Ohio allegedly broke a 13-year-old’s arm after using excessive force after a confrontation at her middle school.
The confrontation happened in October.
A security camera captured the student being shoved across a hallway against some lockers by the officer.
“The officer attacks her and pushes her up against a locker, puts her arm behind her back using the police technique that he was trained to do and he lifts her up off the floor. That’s when her arm breaks,” said the girl’s family attorney.
The officer has been removed from the school district pending further investigation.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave