Drunk driving Facebook post leads to Ore. teen’s arrest
ASTORIA, Ore. — An Oregon teenager was arrested New Year’s Day after he reportedly posted on Facebook about driving drunk.
According to KPTV, Astoria police said they learned of the post Tuesday. The status update, which was posted to the account of 18-year-old Jacob Cox-Brown, said:
KPTV reports an officer received a Facebook message tipping her off about the post.
Around 1 a.m. Tuesday, the same officer had responded to a hit-and-run at 1884 5th St. KPTV reports a white Scion had been sideswiped by the hit-and-run driver and several pieces of taillight and bumper cover were recovered as evidence. A second parked car also sustained damage.
When police went to Cox-Brown’s home, they said they found a car that matched the damage.
Cox-Brown was arrested on two counts of failure to perform the duties of a driver.
At least two of the suspect’s 654 Facebook friends called police to report the post, according to KPTV.
Faces of Meth
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home