NC groups: McCrory energy past tilts to utilities
RALEIGH, N.C. — Many North Carolina advocacy groups want incoming Gov. Pat McCrory to leave the selection of new state utilities regulators to others because of his nearly 30 years with Duke Energy.
The group N.C. WARN and the state branch of the AARP said Friday that they’re requesting McCrory remove himself from the selection of several members of the North Carolina Utilities Commission.
McCrory spokesman said the incoming governor plans to execute the powers of his office.
Source: The Charlotte Observer
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child