Flu season in full swing, could get worse, experts say
(Fox News) — More than half of the states in the U.S. are experiencing high levels of flu-like illness as flu activity continues to rise, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, 29 states and New York City are reporting flu-like illnesses, and another nine are reporting moderate levels of the flu.
This flu season, 18 children have died in flu associated deaths.
The CDC said anyone who has not yet received a flu shot, should get one.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault