Israel bans excessively thin models from commercials
(CNN) — A new Israeli law is taking on eating disorders.
It bans underweight models from catwalks and commercials.
The law uses Body Mass Index – a way of estimating healthy weight – to decide who can model, and who can’t.
Anyone with a B-M-I less than 18-and-a-half, is out.
Spain and Australia have already set minimum weight limits for certain fashion shows.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home