Ariz. teens rescued from tree after lake ice cracks
SHOW LOW, Ariz. — Two teenagers were rescued after spending over two hours hanging on a dead tree after ice on a large lake in Arizona began to crack.
Another teenager called for help while the the two teenagers clung to the tree, authorities told the Arizona Daily Sun.
The teenagers were rescued after a firefighter wearing a protective suit crawled across the lake and used a rope to pull a boat across the lake.
Each of the teenagers lost a shoe during the incident. They were taken to a local hospital for treatment of mild hypothermia on Wednesday.
Read more: Arizona Daily Sun
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault