Man swept to sea in Calif. while saving dog
A man from California was swept out to sea and drowned while trying to save his dog hit by a rogue wave near Point Reyes, Calif. on Monday.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the man and his wife were walking on the beach when a wave overtook the dog.
Point Reyes is located about 30 miles northwest of San Francisco.
The paper reports the couple went into the water to rescue the dog but the man was swept away.
His body was found less than four hours later.
According to the report, the wife and dog made it back to shore safely.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview