Man swept to sea in Calif. while saving dog
A man from California was swept out to sea and drowned while trying to save his dog hit by a rogue wave near Point Reyes, Calif. on Monday.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the man and his wife were walking on the beach when a wave overtook the dog.
Point Reyes is located about 30 miles northwest of San Francisco.
The paper reports the couple went into the water to rescue the dog but the man was swept away.
His body was found less than four hours later.
According to the report, the wife and dog made it back to shore safely.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave