Man dies in Winston-Salem crash
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A man died and two women were injured in a New Year’s Day crash in Winston-Salem.
Police say Jeremy Alan Coe, 22, died at the scene of the crash, which happened shortly before 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2800 block of Willard Road.
According to police, Jeremy Coe was ejected from a 1988 Ford Thunderbird he was driving when the car went off the left side of the road before colliding with several small trees and flipping onto its roof.
Two passengers in the vehicle — 21-year-old Deridre Shanee Mclendon and 51-year-old Jamie Allen Coe — were taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Police are still investigating the accident.
No other information was available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave