Fight looming over solar panels near Julian
GUILFORD COUNTY, NC — An Arizona-based company has plans to put solar panels in two different parcels near Julian in southeast Guilford County.
Representatives from Sunlight Partners will be present at a public meeting Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM at the Old Guilford County Courthouse.
Residents in the area are encouraged to attend to ask any questions they may have about the solar farms.
Sunlight Partners recently sent out ground lease agreements to property owners who’s land backs up to the proposed farms near Alamanace Church Road.
One property owner contacted FOX8, saying she thinks the language of the lease is designed to dupe property owners into leasing away land that will never be the same after the installation of solar panels.
Jason Ellsworth, president of the Mesa, Ariz. company, said that’s not the case.
“In every one of our projects there’s a lawyer on the other side with the landowner and we work through each clause and all of those issues,” Ellsworth said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k