Field of Dreams sold for $3.4 million
The Field of Dreams movie site was sold last week to a group of investors that includes Wade Boggs for $3.4 million.
The 193 acres that includes the movie site was sold for $3.4 million plus interest in a transaction that closed last week. Go the Distance Baseball, LLC, purchased the land with hopes of preserving the movie site and has plans to build a youth baseball and softball complex on the land.
The first phase of construction, which includes 12 fields and 60 team clubhouses, is set to begin this sprin and be finished for tournaments in 2014.
According to a post on Facebook, the former owners, Don and Becky Lansing, are looking forward to seeing the Movie Site – what truly has been a member of their family – to mature into the next phase of its life.
“My family’s farm has been part of the landscape for more than a century,” said Don Lansing. “I have been honored to care for it my entire life and know the Stillmans and their group will care for the Movie Site like I did.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave