Burlington teen charged with dozens of child sex offenses
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington teenager has been charged with dozens of child sex offenses.
Larry Ray Mitchell, 18, of Alyece Court, is charged with 19 counts of disseminating obscenity, 17 counts of third-degree exploitation of a minor and 13 counts of first-degree exploitation of a minor.
Deputies with the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office say the charges are part of an ongoing investigation. Additional charges were filed against the suspect on Dec. 7.
Deputies say the suspect was arrested and placed under an initial secured bond of $225,000 pending his first court appearance.
Further details were not released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault