Psy ending Gangnam Style? Singer says song is ‘too popular’
“Gangnam Style” could be over, according to the Psy, the 35-year-old South Korean rapper behind the most popular song of 2012 and the most viewed YouTube video ever.
On Monday, the singer told MTV News he would be “ending” Gangnam Style.
“Being in Times Square on New Year’s Eve is already special — it’s the biggest stage in the universe — plus it’s my birthday, so, with all that, it may be the ending of ‘Gangnam Style.’ I mean, what better way to do it? It’s my biggest and most meaningful birthday.”
Psy said the song became “too popular” and it’s now time to start looking at his next single.
While Psy did not say this will be the last “Gangnam Style” performance, it’s likely the last public performance from the singer.
“I’m really working hard on a new single right now, and I’m not saying ['Gangnam'] is ending on Dick Clark — I still have a lot of invitations to perform it.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault