Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over school massacre
HARTFORD, Conn. – An attorney from Connecticut that filed a $100 million lawsuit on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school shooting has withdrawn the claim, according to The Stamford Advocate
According to the report, Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but said he could refile.
Pinsky told the paper he received “new evidence” on security at the school and he is currently reviewing it.
Last week, Pinsky sued the state, claiming his client suffered “emotional and psychological trauma and injury” during the shooting rampage. He claims the state failed to prevent his client from “foreseeable harm.”
On Monday, the state attorney general told the paper there appears to be no basis to support the lawsuit or the state’s liability.
Source: The Stamford Advocate