Social media privacy laws to take effect in 5 states
Starting January 1, employers are prohibited from demanding private information about social media activity (Facebook, Twitter etc.) from employees and job applicants in five states.
The laws prohibiting this practice were passed earlier this year in Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, California and Illinois and take effect January 1, 2013.
A similar law in Michigan has already gone into effect.
Read more at UPI.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault