Social media privacy laws to take effect in 5 states
Starting January 1, employers are prohibited from demanding private information about social media activity (Facebook, Twitter etc.) from employees and job applicants in five states.
The laws prohibiting this practice were passed earlier this year in Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, California and Illinois and take effect January 1, 2013.
A similar law in Michigan has already gone into effect.
Read more at UPI.com
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview