City vehicles involved in Winston-Salem wreck
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A section of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Winston-Salem is closed Monday morning due to a crash involving multiple city vehicles.
Police say the accident happened around 6 p.m. Sunday at the intersection with Trade Street.
Photos from the scene show a City of Winston-Salem fire inspector’s vehicle with damage evident from some type of accident. Two other city vehicles also sustained apparent damage.
Authorities have not provided any information about possible injuries, the vehicles involved in the wreck or how it occurred.
North Martin Luther King Jr. Drive at Trade Street has been closed since the crash as multiple utility poles were knocked down, police said.
Around 11 a.m., utility workers said they hoped to have the scene cleared by noon.
Traffic is currently being diverted onto North Liberty Street and Oak Street.
Duke Energy has not reported any significant power outages.
No other information is available.Submit Your Photo
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave