New laws cover immigration status, fishing, used cooking oil
RALEIGH, N.C. — 16 new laws take effect tomorrow in North Carolina.
Many are minor fixes, but there are news ones that affect many companies, day care owners and fisherman among other things, the News and Observer notes.
The updated or new laws include e-verify, protecting geese, fishing without a net, dependent children and child care protections.
Read more at: The News and Observer
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault