Members-only marijuana clubs open in Colorado
DENVER (AP) — Recreational marijuana clubs are open in Colorado.
A marijuana den in Denver opened Monday for members-only group smoking (http://bit.ly/UhBIwn). Reggae music was on the stereo and a projector showed “The Big Lebowski.”
Another club opened Monday in Del Norte (del-NORT’), in southern Colorado. The clubs are not open to the public.
An attorney for Denver’s new Club 64 says the clubs are permissible under Colorado’s new constitutional amendment on marijuana. Marijuana will not be sold at the clubs. He said Club 64 has 200 members over age 21 who paid $29.99 for a one-time club event. It is named for Amendment 64, which voters approved last month
Nearly an hour after opening, no police were seen outside Club 64.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault