Lanza’s body claimed by father for burial
HARTFORD, Conn. — The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut school shooting has claimed his son’s body.
A spokesman for the family said Monday that Peter Lanza claimed the remains of Adam Lanza. He didn’t say when the remains were claimed.
The 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.
A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.
Peter Lanza lives in Stamford, Conn., and is a tax director at General Electric.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
Credit: Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault