Woman buried alive uses attacker’s gift to escape
LONDON — A woman who survived after being buried alive by her fiancé is sharing details of her terrifying ordeal.
Michalina Lewandowska, 27, told The Sun she was shocked with a Taser and bound then put into a cardboard box and buried in the woods in May of 2011.
“I really thought I was not going to make it, that no one would find me and I was going to die in this place,” she said, according to The Sun.
She said she used a diamond engagement ring given to her by her fiancé to claw at the box, eventually escaping.
“I managed to force my arms out and it was then that I finally knew I was going to make it,” she said.
The victim’s former fiancé, Marcin Kasprzak, was sentenced in January to 20 years for attempted murder. Kasprzak said he did not intend to murder her.
Read more: The Sun.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault