Students can apply to magnet program in Forsyth Co. schools
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. — Students can apply to one of 17 magnet programs in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools starting Tuesday.
Officials with the school system said applications will be accepted through Jan. 18. Families can apply only at www.wsfcs.k12.nc.us/magnets or by calling 727-2519 for an application.
School officials said they will hold the annual Magnet Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 5 at the Benton Convention Center.
Most of the school district’s magnet programs follow one of three paths — visual and performing arts, International Baccalaureate and global studies and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
Read full story: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview