Teen shot by AK-47-toting gunmen in Queens
QUEENS, New York — Officials say a 17-year-old who dreamed of being a marine biologist was shot and killed by a pair of gunman — one with an AK-47 assault rifle Saturday in Queens.
The New York Daily News reported that Xavier Granville was killed after a late-night party in Far Rockaway.
“My son didn’t deserve to go out like this,” said Shakira Granville, the boy’s mother. “The pain I feel. I’m just in shock.”
Shakira Granville described her son as a cheerful teen who loved video games and the ocean.
Xavier Granville reportedly died from a bullet to the head. One witness said the shooting may be a case of mistaken identity.
The witness said the two gunmen reportedly opened fire around 12:30 a.m. as the victim was headed for home.
The second shooter was reportedly armed with a .45-caliber pistol.
A motive has not been established but officials said the incident may have been gang-related.
Read more: The New York Daily News.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'