Lexington man charged with attempted murder, sexual assault from 2009
Bobby Lee Gordon Jr., 38, of Lexington.
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police in High Point say they have charged a Lexington man in connection to an attempted murder and sexual assault from 2009.
Bobby Lee Gordon Jr., 38, faces charges of attempted murder, first degree sex offense, first degree kidnapping, attempted first degree rape and assault by strangulation.
Police say the charges are based on suspect descriptions from three recent investigations into indecent exposure.
The case was reportedly reopened based on the connection and police say probable cause was used to charge Gordon.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it