Local farmers on the Dairy Cliff
FRANKLINVILLE, N.C. — The “Dairy Cliff” refers to laws that are set to expire on Monday, and if they aren’t renewed, it could cost consumers a significant amount of money .
The government has been subsidizing milk prices for years, as part of the annual Farm Bill, so if a new bill isn’t proposed by January, the government could have to use an old pricing system which could make dairy prices double.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave