Dwyane Wade suspended for groin kick against Bobcats player
NEW YORK (AP) — Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade has been suspended one game without pay by the NBA for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of Charlotte Bobcats’ Ramon Sessions.
The suspension was announced Thursday by Stu Jackson, the NBA’s executive vice president for basketball operations.
The incident happened with 8:12 left in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s 105-92 victory over the Bobcats on Wednesday night. Sessions was called for a foul on the play.
Wade will serve the suspension Friday night when the Heat visit the Detroit Pistons.
This article was written by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.