$99 tablet from Acer coming in 2013?
Several media reports suggest Acer is planning to launch a $99 tablet in 2013.
Acer plans to release the low-cost tablet early next year.
“At seven inches with a 1024 x 600 resolution screen and 1.2GHz dual-core processor, the so-called Iconia B1 tablet will have somewhat similar specs to the Kindle Fire and Nook Color,” Wall Street Journal’s Eva Dou wrote in the report.
Reports indicate Acer wants to undercut its competitors by selling the Iconia B1 at $99.
“There is a caveat, of course: It’s aimed at emerging markets. While the device has been submitted to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for clearance, it’s uncertain whether it will actually be sold stateside.”
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home