Ex-President Bush in intensive care, says spokesman
HOUSTON (AP) — A spokesman says former President George H.W. Bush is in the intensive care unit at a Houston hospital.
Bush’s spokesman, Jim McGrath, said Wednesday evening that the former president has been in the ICU at Methodist Hospital since Sunday.
No details were immediately provided. But earlier Wednesday, McGrath said a fever that kept Bush in the hospital over Christmas had gotten worse and that doctors had put him on a liquids-only diet.
A bronchitis-like cough initially brought Bush to the hospital on Nov. 23.
McGrath says the cough has improved, and that the 88-year-old is now coughing about once a day.
Source: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave