2 dead in unrelated shootings near Tabor City
TABOR CITY, N.C. (AP) — Columbus County authorities have charged a 60-year-old man with fatally shooting his girlfriend in her home near Tabor City.
The sheriff’s office says Beamon Fowler called 911 about 1:15 a.m. Monday.
Fowler told deputies he shot 46-year-old Rebecca Buffkin with his handgun during an argument. She was shot in the head in her kitchen.
Fowler is charged with murder and is being held without bail.
Authorities are looking for several suspects in an unrelated shooting death near Tabor City.
The sheriff’s office says 51-year-old Gilberto Segovia was found dead about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at the bottom of his front steps.
His girlfriend had been forcefully taken by her ex-boyfriend but later escaped unharmed.
Capt. David Nobles says that ex-boyfriend and two others are being sought for the shooting.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave