Netflix streaming service back online after outage
Those hoping to spend the holiday watching streaming video from Netflix can now get back in front of their TVs, tablets and PCs after a Christmas Eve outage.
A Netflix Inc. spokesman said by email Tuesday morning that the service has been fully restored.
The outage affected customers in the Americas starting around 12:30 p.m. PST on Monday. The company, which is based in Los Gatos, Calif., blames problems with Amazon Web Services, and says it is investigating further.
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing. It is separate from Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc.’s better-known shopping website.
Amazon says that problems with its service have also now been fixed.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train